- February 2021: Contribution in the ELIXIR Rare Diseases 2022/23 Implementation Study proposal
- January 2021: I attended the SWAT4HCLS hackathon 2021 presenting two pitches: [video][Exploring grlc and Salad to align Web APIs with Linked Data][Adding logical structure to the COVID-19 epidemiology ontology]
- November 2020: I attended the BioHackaton-Europe where I led one project: [Epidemiology and monitoring ontology for COVID-19]
- November 2020: Our work “FAIR Data Management to Access Patient Data” presented at the DaMaLOS workshop co-located with ISWC 2020: [abstract][slides][talk]
- August 2020: I presented ‘‘RareDiseases – The EJP RD view” at the ELIXIR::GA4GH: Advancing genomics via expedited DataAccess enabled by standards and ontologies workshop co-located with ECCB2020: [slides]
- July 2020: Our work “Modeling quantitative traits for COVID-19 case reports” presented at the ISMB 2020 Bio-Ontologies COSI track: [slides][poster]
- June 2020: Our paper “A proof-of-concept study of extracting patient histories for rare/intractable diseases from social media” published at Genomics & Informatics
- May 2020: Our abstract “Modeling quantitative traits for COVID-19 case reports” accepted for a long talk and poster at ISMB 2020 as part of the Bio-Ontologies COSI: [abstract][medRxiv]
- April 2020: Our paper “Structured reviews for data and knowledge-driven research” published at Database Volume 2020
Curriculum Vitae: [academic][professional]Updated 2020/03
Developing semantic resources and applying artificial intelligence and data science methodologies to leverage the biomedical big data for discovery and translational research.
My methodological work lies in:
- data management, data modeling, and data integration.
- semantic technologies for knowledge representation, data interoperability and computational reasoning.
- development of interoperable bioinformatic tools and reproducible workflows.
- knowledge discovery based on evidence:
- applying artificial intelligence methods on knowledge graphs for hypothesis generation.
- developing semantic web tools harnessing the web of linked data.
- metadata description to enhance discovery in science based on evidence.
- to understand the molecular mechanisms that lead to abnormal phenotypes and diseases.
- to predict candidates for diagnosis, therapy and toxicology using biological networks and a systems biology approach (network medicine).
- MSc in Bioinformatics for Health Sciences Universitat Pompeu Fabra, June 2008
- Supervisor: Dr. Jordi Mestres
- PhD in Quantum Chemistry, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, July 2006 (Defense on May 2010)
- Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Rosa Caballol Lorenzo and Dr. Coen de Graaf
- BSc in Chemistry, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, July 2001
- Researcher, BioSemantics Group, Human Genetics Department, Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, Leiden, The Netherlands, April 2020 – present
- Data Scientist Research Associate, Avillach Lab, Harvard Medical School Department of Biomedical Informatics, Harvard University, Boston, MA (USA), December 2019 – February 2020
- Visiting Researcher, BORG, CBRC, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal (Saudi Arabia), August 2019 – November 2019
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Su Lab, Department of Integrative Structural and Computational Biology, Scripps Research, La Jolla, CA (USA), June 2016 – November 2019
- Researcher Fellow, IBI Group, Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) IMIM-UPF, Barcelona (Spain), June 2012 – May 2016
- Biostatistics Consultant, Open University of Catalonia (UOC), Barcelona, September 2010 – April 2016
- Bioinformatics Technician Fellow, IDIBAPS, Barcelona (Spain), September 2010 – January 2012
- Bioinformatics Technician Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology (URV), Tarragona (Spain), July 2009 – June 2010
- MSc Researcher Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) IMIM-UPF, Barcelona (Spain), September 2007 – September 2008
- PhD Researcher Department of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry (URV), Tarragona (Spain), September 2002 – September 2006
- Teacher Assistant Department of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry (URV), Tarragona (Spain), September 2001 – September 2002