I am working in the biomedical informatics field since the year 2012. My research focuses on the application and development of tools using semantic technologies to understand the mechanisms underpinning diseases.
– Feb 2020: Accepted for publication at Database: [pre-print]
Curriculum Vitae: [academic][professional]
Developing semantic resources and applying artificial intelligence and data science methodologies to leverage the biomedical big data for discovery and translational research.
My methodological work lies in:
- data management, data modeling, and data integration.
- semantic technologies for knowledge representation, data interoperability and computational reasoning.
- development of interoperable bioinformatic tools and reproducible workflows.
- knowledge discovery based on evidence:
- applying artificial intelligence methods on knowledge graphs for hypothesis generation.
- developing semantic web tools harnessing the web of linked data.
- metadata description to enhance discovery in science based on evidence.
My applied research includes work on heterogeneous data for (rare) genetic diseases:
- to understand the molecular mechanisms that lead to abnormal phenotypes and diseases.
- to predict candidates for diagnosis, therapy and toxicology using biological networks and a systems biology approach (network medicine).
- MSc in Bioinformatics for Health Sciences Universitat Pompeu Fabra, June 2008
- Supervisor: Dr. Jordi Mestres
- PhD in Quantum Chemistry, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, July 2006 (Defense on May 2010)
- Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Rosa Caballol Lorenzo and Dr. Coen de Graaf
- BSc in Chemistry, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, July 2001
- Data Scientist Research Associate, Avillach Lab, Harvard Medical School Department of Biomedical Informatics, Harvard University, Boston, MA (USA), December 2019 – present
- Visiting Researcher, BORG, CBRC, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal (Saudi Arabia), August 2019 – November 2019
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Su Lab, Department of Integrative Structural and Computational Biology, Scripps Research, La Jolla, CA (USA), June 2016 – November 2019
- Researcher Fellow, IBI Group, Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) IMIM-UPF, Barcelona (Spain), June 2012 – May 2016
- Biostatistics Consultant, Open University of Catalonia (UOC), Barcelona, September 2010 – April 2016
- Bioinformatics Technician Fellow, IDIBAPS, Barcelona (Spain), September 2010 – January 2012
- Bioinformatics Technician Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology (URV), Tarragona (Spain), July 2009 – June 2010
- MSc Researcher Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) IMIM-UPF, Barcelona (Spain), September 2007 – September 2008
- PhD Researcher Department of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry (URV), Tarragona (Spain), September 2002 – September 2006
- Teacher Assistant Department of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry (URV), Tarragona (Spain), September 2001 – September 2002
email: nuria.q.rosinach [at] gmail.com